Endometriosis is a disease that affects over 176 million women around the world. That translates to a tenth of the world’s population. But despite this large demographic, only 1 in 5 people have ever heard of endometriosis, and often their understanding of the condition is minimal.
But its time to change that Endo Warriors! This March is Endometriosis Awareness Month and its time to spread the word! Using #ThisIsEndometriosis we plan on raising public awareness and knowledge for the condition that is endometriosis. We encourage all of you to help join the fight by using your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or even TikToks to share your knowledge and experience with the world! Just remember to add the #ThisIsEndometriosis and encourage others to share the message!
For your post some facts you can help share include:
- 1 in 10 women have endometriosis
- 176 million women in the world have endometriosis
- Only 1 in 5 people have ever heard of endometriosis
- Symptoms of Endometriosis can start as early as age 13
- 30%-50% of women with endometriosis may experience infertility
- 83% of women with endometriosis have reported that at one time or another they have had trouble performing basic tasks
- 68% of women with Endometriosis have been misdiagnosed, leading to years without proper treatment
- Endometriosis has no known cure
- The average time for a woman with endometriosis to be diagnosed is 10 years
If you would prefer to not share your experiences than you can help by reposting this article or by some of our favorites:
The Four Stages of Endo
Endometriosis: What People Don’t See
How Endometriosis Can Affect Your Pregnancy and Delivery
Or by sharing some of our premade posts down below
We have a long fight ahead of us Endo Warriors! So let’s get out on social media and make March 2020 the best awareness campaign yet!
And remember #ThisIsEndometriosis